One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Also included are keema and peas with naan bread, vine tomato and mozzarella melt, tuna salad and chicken curry.’
- ‘I followed this with a karahai methi keema and a range of side dishes including saag paneer and brinjal bhaji which were simply sumptuous.’
- ‘Last year's banquet included the following traditional desi food: Kale channa, rogan josh, keema matar, jeera murgha and Sindhi sabji, topped with zarda or sweet rice.’
- ‘Interesting and well-executed permutations of the flavourful Indian bread abound: chicken naan, keema, and garlic and spinach, my personal favourite.’
- ‘We tried keema nan because my friend wanted to see what white-flour bread ‘studded’ with ground beef would look like.’
- ‘For 16 years Ann has treated thousands of children, including her own family, to her tasty curry chicken keema.’
- ‘There are ready made pieces of chicken keema, chicken kofta, chicken liver, mutton liver, mutton chops, prawns, mutton keema, burda kapoora, mutton brain and fish marrel.’
- ‘To make matters worse, while they were seated thus at the cheerless table, Bibbo would come and pushing her hips out to one side declare that she was helping herself to the keema left over from dinner.’
- ‘But the king for me was keema kaleji: lamb livers and kidneys chopped into a ragout of richly spiced minced lamb, unremittingly generous in providing the molten, offally joys of the carnivorous life.’
- ‘The Indian breads selection includes some rare delicacies like the Kashmiri keema naan, and the Punjabi Makai Roti.’
- ‘Readers will remember Philip Roe's freezer mix-up, which resulted in his gin being infiltrated with keema matar.’
From Hindi kīmā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.