One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Maori protocol and etiquette, particularly the behaviour expected in a Maori meeting house.‘the programme structure strongly reflects traditional kawa’
- ‘Despite attempts to follow Maori kawa, a senior Australian politician was accidentally placed in the front row.’
- ‘I know for a fact, too, that some Maori prisoners are under so much stress, from having different cultural aspects of their kawa forced on them, that some of them have entered mental institutions.’
- ‘This should be taught by our old kaumatua who know the kawa of that particular area.’
- ‘That behaviour is contrary to Ngapuhi kawa.’
- ‘The programme has taken some care to successfully combine cognitive-behavioural psychology with Maori kawa.’
- ‘They have called for research methodologies that validate the authenticity of Maori pedagogy and kawa.’
- ‘Knowledge of local kawa would be required to identify breaches.’
- ‘Included in the planning has been instigating hui on the kawa under which the marae will function.’
- ‘It's an intricate part of my culture of my tikanga and kawa, so what's the crime about that?’
- ‘Different marae have different kawa for speaking, including the order of speeches and whether all the hosts go first or they alternate with visitors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.