One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Maori elder.
- ‘There were a lot of his elders and kaumatua who encouraged him to study law, but he felt that he could be better use as a doctor.’
- ‘Even the kaumatuas need no better gears than a baggy tracksuit.’
- ‘It tells the story of a polluted river, a consultation with a kaumatua, traditional Maori gods destroying a factory, and an expression of Maori sovereignty.’
- ‘I would like to take a moment to greet the kaumatua and iwi representatives present in the gallery.’
- ‘Oblivious to its place in history, the feisty North Island brown kiwi twisted its head as the Tainui kaumatua intoned a karakia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.