One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of dramatic dance of southern India, based on Hindu literature and characterized by masks, stylized costume and make-up, and frequent use of mime.
- ‘They have the same make up and costumes as Kathakali.’
- ‘Only men can become Kathakali dancers and their make-up is striking with the use of bold colors to paint the faces and expressions.’
- ‘He also wrote over 20 dance dramas and attakathas for Kathakali.’
- ‘But she doesn't use it as just a prop for entry of the main character as one sees it in Kathakali.’
- ‘The dance form of Kathakali has become very popular over the years, captivating hearts worldwide with its elaborateness.’
From Malayalam, from Sanskrit kathā ‘story’ + Malayalam kaḷi ‘play’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.