One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounBiology Medicine
The determination of a karyotype, e.g. to detect chromosomal abnormalities.
- ‘Unfortunately, invasive tests required to obtain tissue for fetal karyotyping (chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis) cause loss of the pregnancy in about 1% of cases.’
- ‘A chromosome number of four was confirmed by cytological karyotyping.’
- ‘Women's case notes were examined to identify indication for karyotyping, gestation at diagnosis, and outcome of pregnancy.’
- ‘Both the cases had no consistent abnormality confirmed by genomic karyotyping.’
- ‘These deletions are also found in bronchogenic carcinomas, thus karyotyping does not differentiate mesothelioma from adenocarcinoma of the lung.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.