Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
adjective & noun
- ‘Among the other Kartvelian languages Laz is spoken in Turkey.’
- ‘It coordinates research and assists foreign students and scholars interested in various Kartvelian fields.’
- ‘The Kartvelian languages are considered to be closely related and descended from a common language.’
- ‘In the southern and eastern regions, the state of Kartli united tribes that spoke the Kartvelian language.’
- ‘The paper deals with the sociolinguistic attributes of the dialects of the Kartvelian languages, their functions and status inside and outside Georgia.’
From Georgian k'art'velebi Georgians + -ian.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.