One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or characteristic of the Karoo.
- ‘The natural vegetation is characterised by small karroid bushes, hardy geophytes, and succulents.’
- ‘The 5 species are endemic to karroid regions in the southwestern parts of South Africa.’
- ‘It is possible to estimate reliable current grazing capacities for any section of veld in the karroid areas at the moment.’
- ‘It is here, on the calcareous soils, that patches of karroid scrub veld are to be found on the Reserve.’
- ‘The primary purpose of the Tsolwana Nature Reserve is the conservation of a representative sample of the region's karroid landscapes, habitats, heritage and species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.