One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or characteristic of the Karoo.
- ‘The natural vegetation is characterised by small karroid bushes, hardy geophytes, and succulents.’
- ‘It is possible to estimate reliable current grazing capacities for any section of veld in the karroid areas at the moment.’
- ‘The primary purpose of the Tsolwana Nature Reserve is the conservation of a representative sample of the region's karroid landscapes, habitats, heritage and species.’
- ‘The 5 species are endemic to karroid regions in the southwestern parts of South Africa.’
- ‘It is here, on the calcareous soils, that patches of karroid scrub veld are to be found on the Reserve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.