One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagram consisting of a rectangular array of squares each representing a different combination of the variables of a Boolean function.
- ‘The Karnaugh map for this or any logic function can be used to determine the transistor schematic.’
- ‘However, the Karnaugh map is faster and easier, especially if there are many logic reductions to do.’
- ‘They may also be examined variable by variable: the disposition of the Karnaugh map makes it easy to do so.’
- ‘For example, packages for bar charts, UML notation and even Karnaugh maps can be downloaded.’
- ‘Figure 3 presents completed Karnaugh maps of positive mother-child interactions for one average and one referred family.’
1950s: named after Maurice Karnaugh (born 1924), American physicist.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.