Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diagram consisting of a rectangular array of squares each representing a different combination of the variables of a Boolean function.
- ‘However, the Karnaugh map is faster and easier, especially if there are many logic reductions to do.’
- ‘The Karnaugh map for this or any logic function can be used to determine the transistor schematic.’
- ‘For example, packages for bar charts, UML notation and even Karnaugh maps can be downloaded.’
- ‘Figure 3 presents completed Karnaugh maps of positive mother-child interactions for one average and one referred family.’
- ‘They may also be examined variable by variable: the disposition of the Karnaugh map makes it easy to do so.’
1950s: named after Maurice Karnaugh (born 1924), American physicist.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.