One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white or grey clay mineral which is the chief constituent of kaolin.
- ‘In this case the surrounding sediment matrix is dominated by detrital quartz and illite along with various other clay minerals (e.g. kaolinite and chlorite).’
- ‘Sandstones with this component contain authigenic hematite intergrown with kaolinite and illite and replacing muscovite.’
- ‘These include clay minerals such as kaolinite and talc, micas, montmorillonites, and the remainder of the asbestos minerals including chrysotile (white asbestos).’
- ‘Vein minerals are barite, calcite, chalcopyrite, kaolinite, pyrite, sphalerite, and wurtzite.’
- ‘In the presence of kaolinite and illite, aggregate sizes were smaller and sinking rates lower than in the presence of smectite and quartz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.