One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who takes part in a kangaroo drive.‘as an experienced kangarooer, he knew the animal's tricks’
- ‘One character that intrigued him vastly was an old kangarooer.’
- ‘Do you believe the kangarooer, Chris? Do you truly think he's dead?’
- ‘Many of the so-called "kangarooers" are notorious cattle and sheep-stealers.’
- ‘With a pained expression the boss went to write the cheque, and the kangarooer murmured.’
- ‘Some kangarooer had camped here for a season and gone his way.’
Early 19th century: from kangaroo + -er.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.