One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small seed-eating hopping rodent with large cheek pouches and long hind legs, found in North America.
- ‘The tail of the kangaroo mouse is thickest in the middle, tapered at both ends, black tip, and no tuft.’
- ‘Blackstone growled down at the kangaroo mouse, before turning away.’
- ‘Activity is only observed from March to October, suggesting the kangaroo mice may hibernate.’
- ‘The kidneys of kangaroo mice are very efficient, and fat is stored in their tails.’
- ‘The kangaroo mice are narrowly adapted, so finding the correct floral and soil composition is essential.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.