One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fodder grass which grows in very tall tussocks.
- ‘For glyphosate treated kangaroo grass, bitou bush and coastal wattle, survival of well-watered individuals was lower than for ‘water-stressed’ individuals.’
- ‘Native grasslands are characterised by the reddish tinge of kangaroo grass that you can still see in some paddocks in autumn.’
- ‘It's not kangaroo grass - the seed heads of Themeda triandra are very distinctive.’
- ‘For example, in my garden, kangaroo grass flowers almost all year round, with showy carroty-red, green and black flower heads a metre tall.’
- ‘The state has legislation governing tree clearing, but nothing to protect non-forest areas containing species like silver tussock and kangaroo grass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.