One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large dog trained to hunt kangaroos.‘a favourite kangaroo dog was always at his feet, nudging, nuzzling, panting’
- ‘Jack spent much of his childhood horse riding and chasing kangaroos with a kangaroo dog, a breed similar to a greyhound.’
- ‘"Kangaroo dogs are very rare nowadays and were very light legged," he said.’
- ‘There are two men waiting on the opposite bank with a pair of kangaroo dogs and what looks like a bundle of skins, bound with ropes.’
- ‘To aid in the chase, settlers bred the kangaroo dog—a swift, greyhound-like runner with powerful jaws.’
- ‘When the settlers brought in what we term kangaroo dogs, I don't know what was mixed with them but they're huge.’
- ‘To obtain meat, the bulk of their diet, they relied on the help of their kangaroo dogs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.