One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong metal grille fitted to the front of a motor vehicle to protect it from impact damage; a bull bar.‘choose a car with a kangaroo bar for driving in rural areas’
- ‘The Royal Australian Army owned this model, fitted with the usual kangaroo bar up front to reduce collision damage.’
- ‘Equipment includes stereo radio/cassette, alloy wheels, and kangaroo bar.’
- ‘The kangaroo bar on the front of the four-wheel drive ploughed down the long grasses.’
- ‘We installed a kangaroo bar to prevent damage when kangaroos jumped into the oncoming car lights.’
- ‘The human body makes that sound when hit by a kangaroo bar mounted on the front of a truck.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.