One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a group of Australian Aboriginal peoples of north-eastern New South Wales.
- ‘The Kamilaroi had been attacking stock and had killed several stockmen in the area; aggrieved squatters were demanding that government provide ‘protection’.’
- ‘However, there are thousands of people of mixed descent both within the native populations as well as immigrant populations, who identify themselves as Kamilaroi.’
- ‘The Kamilaroi were nomadic hunters and gatherers with a band-level social organization.’
2mass noun The extinct language of the Kamilaroi.
- ‘I have found numerous cognates between Kamilaroi and Tamil of India.’
- ‘Kamilaroi is also taught in some Australian schools.’
Relating to the Kamilaroi or their language.
- ‘Tim Lehâ is 26-years-old, of Kamilaroi and Tongan heritage.’
- ‘The Kamilaroi language, which is no longer spoken, is classified in the Pama-Nyungan Family of Australian languages.’
- ‘The most famous Kamilaroi person in modern times is probably Australian international cricketer Jason Gillespie.’
- ‘He was born at Condobolin, NewSouth Wales, of Wiradjuri and Kamilaroi descent.’
- ‘She may be Kamilaroi woman, and if she's a Kamilaroi woman, well then she needs Kamilaroi spiritual philosophy.’
The name in Kamilaroi.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.