One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of a group of Australian Aboriginal peoples of north-eastern New South Wales.
- ‘The Kamilaroi had been attacking stock and had killed several stockmen in the area; aggrieved squatters were demanding that government provide ‘protection’.’
- ‘The Kamilaroi were nomadic hunters and gatherers with a band-level social organization.’
- ‘However, there are thousands of people of mixed descent both within the native populations as well as immigrant populations, who identify themselves as Kamilaroi.’
2mass noun The extinct language of the Kamilaroi.
- ‘Kamilaroi is also taught in some Australian schools.’
- ‘I have found numerous cognates between Kamilaroi and Tamil of India.’
Relating to the Kamilaroi or their language.
- ‘He was born at Condobolin, NewSouth Wales, of Wiradjuri and Kamilaroi descent.’
- ‘The most famous Kamilaroi person in modern times is probably Australian international cricketer Jason Gillespie.’
- ‘The Kamilaroi language, which is no longer spoken, is classified in the Pama-Nyungan Family of Australian languages.’
- ‘Tim Lehâ is 26-years-old, of Kamilaroi and Tongan heritage.’
- ‘She may be Kamilaroi woman, and if she's a Kamilaroi woman, well then she needs Kamilaroi spiritual philosophy.’
The name in Kamilaroi.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.