Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A divine being in the Shinto religion.
- ‘The kami can be likened to nature spirits, and Shinto shrines are usually found in areas of natural beauty.’
- ‘Because of the concept of kami, Shinto at once affects the way tea is served, the way a package is wrapped, the way a war is fought, and the way an emperor is crowned.’
- ‘Jujutsu can trace its origins back to the ancient age of the kami and time immemorial as a unique Japanese martial art.’
- ‘I practice daily praying to the kami that nothing will go wrong.’
- ‘When Buddhism came to Japan, one of the leading questions that caused concern was: how would the native kami respond to the importation of foreign deities?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.