A tropical succulent plant with clusters of tubular flowers, sometimes producing miniature plants along the edges of the leaves and grown as an indoor or greenhouse plant.
- ‘For the second year in a row, I am having a problem with my kalanchoes.’
- ‘For something in bloom, choose a camellia, Christmas cactus, cymbidium, kalanchoe, or moth orchid.’
- ‘For a plant you can keep, consider bringing home a florist's azalea (not outdoor hardy), a miniature rose, cyclamen or kalanchoe.’
- ‘Azaleas and kalanchoes can live and bloom indoors for years if given bright light and normal care.’
- ‘I have quite a few kalanchoes, all planted in the same area.’
Mid 19th century: modern Latin, from French, based on Chinese gāláncài.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.