One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Guardianship or management.‘land is considered a resource to be respected according to the principle of kaitiakitanga’
- ‘We have instilled a deep understanding of kaitiakitanga (custodianship) in our governance.’
- ‘Every interviewing panel member was given kaitiakitanga or guardianship of the data.’
- ‘Maori should adopt the notion of kaitiakitanga, increasing capacity at home in order to realise the potential that exists.’
- ‘They have developed an 80-page guide for teachers in ways to nurture kaitiakitanga (stewardship) of the Warawara Forest in Northland.’
- ‘The company needed to demonstrate kaitiakitanga (stewardship) of New Zealand's paua fishery.’
- ‘Under Marxism, we could have Iwi and Hapu having autonomous kaitiakitanga of our taonga and resources.’
- ‘The former think-tank member was one of four women entrusted with "kaitiakitanga" of evidence submitted by family violence survivors.’
- ‘The legislation further suggests that kaitiakitanga will be expressed through the review of the Resource Management Act.’
- ‘It maintains kaitiakitanga over a number of wahi tapu sites within its boundaries.’
- ‘The project had a strong emphasis on kaitiakitanga - custodianship of the land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.