One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Guardianship or management.‘land is considered a resource to be respected according to the principle of kaitiakitanga’
- ‘We have instilled a deep understanding of kaitiakitanga (custodianship) in our governance.’
- ‘Every interviewing panel member was given kaitiakitanga or guardianship of the data.’
- ‘The company needed to demonstrate kaitiakitanga (stewardship) of New Zealand's paua fishery.’
- ‘It maintains kaitiakitanga over a number of wahi tapu sites within its boundaries.’
- ‘The project had a strong emphasis on kaitiakitanga - custodianship of the land.’
- ‘They have developed an 80-page guide for teachers in ways to nurture kaitiakitanga (stewardship) of the Warawara Forest in Northland.’
- ‘Under Marxism, we could have Iwi and Hapu having autonomous kaitiakitanga of our taonga and resources.’
- ‘Maori should adopt the notion of kaitiakitanga, increasing capacity at home in order to realise the potential that exists.’
- ‘The former think-tank member was one of four women entrusted with "kaitiakitanga" of evidence submitted by family violence survivors.’
- ‘The legislation further suggests that kaitiakitanga will be expressed through the review of the Resource Management Act.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.