One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A round, soft bread roll with a crisp crust, made by folding the corners of a square of dough into the centre, resulting in a pinwheel shape when baked.
- ‘There was too much, it was too strong and it detracted from the simple perfection of the winning kaiser roll, grilled onions, tomato sauce and barbecued Kransky combination.’
- ‘Chief Reilly lifted the bun of his pastrami and mayo on a kaiser roll, sniffing at it suspiciously.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the diced kaiser roll with the milk.’
- ‘All are available on white or whole wheat baguette or kaiser roll.’
- ‘The Camden burger consists of a fresh kaiser roll, eight Angus ounces, sweet caramelized onions and a mini haystack of shoestring potatoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.