One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The traditional ruler of the Baganda people of Uganda.
- ‘Reid also emphasizes that kabakas did not exert much control over commerce since Ganda outside the capital traded relatively freely.’
- ‘It is usually accompanied by some form of kabaka (a protein dish such as fish, meat, chicken, or beans).’
- ‘The kabaka is the supreme symbol of Buganda's identity, and the royal tomb contains the graves of the last four of the kabakas.’
- ‘While simplified, elongated human forms punctuate the space like elegant apparitions, the distinctly garbed kabaka decisively occupies the center of the scene with his entourage.’
- ‘The ruling elite, headed by the kabaka collected rent from all land-holding subjects of the Buganda Kingdom.’
A local title.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.