One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of hormones regulating larval development in insects and inhibiting metamorphosis.
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘The mode of action of methoprene is to directly interfere with normal hormone function by mimicking the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘Methoprene is a pesticide that acts as a juvenile hormone agonist.’
- ‘Oogenesis in Drosophila is regulated by the steroid hormone ecdysone and the sesquiterpenoid juvenile hormone.’
- ‘With insufficient juvenile hormone, horn growth never starts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.