One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of hormones regulating larval development in insects and inhibiting metamorphosis.
- ‘With insufficient juvenile hormone, horn growth never starts.’
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘The mode of action of methoprene is to directly interfere with normal hormone function by mimicking the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘Methoprene is a pesticide that acts as a juvenile hormone agonist.’
- ‘Oogenesis in Drosophila is regulated by the steroid hormone ecdysone and the sesquiterpenoid juvenile hormone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.