One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Emphasizing a large amount of something.‘it's just so much ideological cant’
- ‘But is it an agenda to save the planet, or just so much hot air?’
- ‘Bollywood was for the masses, its excrescences like posters and billboards and lobby cards just so much kitsch.’
- ‘Natural History programmes are just so much noise these days.’
- ‘Until then, it will look like just so much smoke and mirrors from the old order of duplicity and double standards.’
- ‘To them, rock tradition is just so much cliché, rock mythology is very possibly untrue, and they've poked fun at poseurs from day one.’
- ‘Outside such parameters, it's just so much speculation, no matter how poetically put.’
- ‘There's just so much paperwork out there that it's really not a targeted effort.’
- ‘There's just so much interesting information to be found!’
- ‘There's just so much extra clunky junk that the story never quite makes its way through.’
- ‘Beneath it all, though, the verbal barrage is really just so much wisecracking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.