One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(with reference to time and numbers) exactly.‘it was just on midnight’
- ‘We do know it intuitively, but since we don't know the rules, we live just on the edge of knowing it.’
- ‘David Watt got the opener, Marc Anthony grabbed a second and Garry Wood claimed a third just on the interval.’
- ‘It was just on the stroke of half time that an incident occurred that would change the course of the game.’
- ‘Once, in a restaurant restroom where there would be no rest, I was just on the point of giving up.’
- ‘Actually the earthy colour scheme used throughout the property is probably just on the somber side of restful.’
- ‘Wath reduced the arrears just on the break with a penalty when the New Lane side were caught offside.’
- ‘They went ahead when Tom Copeland fielded a stray opposition kick just on half way.’
- ‘The game had opened up with such alacrity that something had to give and it did so just on half time but in the most conventional manner.’
- ‘We finished just on schedule on Wednesday and returned to the island on Friday.’
- ‘But just on the break they reduced the arrears when Danny Hickey went the length of the field to score.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.