One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An off-speed pitch that moves erratically, such as a breaking ball or knuckleball.‘he swung at an outside junkball, sending a pop near the stands’with modifier ‘a junkball pitcher’
- ‘His best attributes were control and a diverse arsenal of junkball pitches.’
- ‘Santana's stuff isn't anywhere near junkball status but he's been routinely throwing 86-88 MPH all year.’
- ‘My guess is neither Thomas or Kingman could hit junkballs, total shot in the dark there.’
- ‘When he lays off those outside junkballs he can hit anything else with authority.’
- ‘Yogi Berra was a notorious junkball hitter - but those hitters are rare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.