Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Pre-prepared or packaged food that has low nutritional value.‘I was eating too much junk food’
- ‘He has eliminated much of the trademark junk food from his diet, drinks copious amounts of water, and eats salads.’
- ‘While junk food isn't the healthiest food to eat it is still not the cause of obesity.’
- ‘Trans-fatty acids are widespread in food: in breads, cakes, biscuits and junk food.’
- ‘That means an annual exposure to thousands of commercials for junk food and fast food.’
- ‘If you eat junk food constantly, you will become ill and unhealthy.’
- ‘It used to be thought that a typical teenage diet of junk food was the cause of acne, but now we know better.’
- ‘Not only are our kids overfed on junk food and fast food, they are fast becoming victims of the techno age.’
- ‘Make sure your child eats healthy nourishing food as opposed to junk food.’
- ‘The competition is aimed at getting children to give up junk food and eat healthily.’
- ‘Your kids may rebel by sneaking food into the house or eating extra junk food elsewhere.’
- ‘The film's goal is to encourage youngsters across the district to ditch junk food and eat more fruit and vegetables.’
- ‘She may be eating a lot of junk food because the junk food comforts her without judging her.’
- ‘They should point out the benefits of a wholesome and balanced diet and the harm from eating too much junk food.’
- ‘Prepare a colorful fruit salad as an alternative to candy bars and other junk food.’
- ‘When I was a child I wasn't allowed to eat so much junk food from fast food outlets that I became overweight and ill.’
- ‘People who despise nutritional diets and only eat junk food are digging their graves with their teeth.’
- ‘We spend a lot to eat junk food like pizza, Coke and spend again to lose weight.’
- ‘How can I stick to my diet and stop thinking about junk food and ice cream all the time?’
- ‘Health campaigners have mooted suggestions such as a tax on junk foods or a ban on junk food advertising.’
- ‘It's often better to put healthy foods into your diet than focus on getting junk food out.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.