One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) a college offering courses for two years beyond high school, either as a complete training or in preparation for completion at a senior college.
- ‘The campaign will start in elementary schools next week and then be extended to high schools and junior colleges, the ministry said in a statement.’
- ‘His football coach at Peabody High School arranged a summer visit to a Lancaster junior college after he graduated, Hughes said.’
- ‘I have taught courses in mathematics and computer science at various universities ranging from Stanford to junior colleges.’
- ‘All primary, secondary schools and junior colleges will be closed until April 6, an official in the government press office told CNN.’
- ‘Over time, both a highly regarded accredited high school and junior college would flourish at the Beaufort campus.’
- ‘By 1923 the center had evolved into a junior college, and in 1980 it became a senior college.’
- ‘When the public junior college was initially created in 1901, its central mission was transfer education.’
- ‘There were another seven from high school and junior college.’
- ‘We meet just after she finishes high school and starts the local junior college.’
- ‘I think it's encouraging that we're seeing more junior colleges teaching entrepreneurship.’
- ‘Hood helped him escape a difficult home life and directed him to a junior college to polish his academic record and basketball skills.’
- ‘I can be eligible for both a junior college and a polytechnic!’
- ‘There should be a smooth transition from community or junior colleges through course articulation.’
- ‘Well, I teach political science at the junior college, and I teach history to my students.’
- ‘It has control of the development and administration of the Government and Government-aided primary schools, secondary schools, and junior colleges.’
- ‘He grew up in Kansas City, attended high school and junior college locally, then spent four years in the Navy.’
- ‘We can't afford to send her to the polytechnic or the junior colleges here.’
- ‘In China these institutions are known as workers colleges, junior colleges, and two-year vocational universities.’
- ‘It was where I graduated from high school, went to junior college and met my wife, Deidre.’
- ‘The scholarship includes two years at a junior college with the possibility of transferring to a university.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.