One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The military activities and tactics involved in fighting in jungle terrain.‘they were sent in to fight without proper training in jungle warfare’as modifier ‘the battalion is about to go to Belize for jungle warfare training’
- ‘Dressed for jungle warfare, the police threw tear gas and fired rifles while a police helicopter flew low over the crowd.’
- ‘The British Army also runs a jungle warfare training school in the small nation.’
- ‘It was a campaign of jungle warfare against colonial rule that resulted in accusations of brutality on both sides.’
- ‘Apart from offering psychological help to overcome the trauma of years of jungle warfare, the programme offers educational support.’
- ‘They would need to be trained and equipped for jungle warfare and put under command of the inspiring police leadership.’
- ‘The American military's expertise in jungle warfare has been hard won.’
- ‘He's the last surviving member of an elite rapid deployment force that specialized in jungle warfare.’
- ‘The first two combined exercises focused primarily on jungle warfare and counter-insurgency operations.’
- ‘But the major has taught cadets for 21 years and is confident of his charges' ability to adapt to jungle warfare.’
- ‘As a professional soldier, he drew on his fighting experiences in Nicaragua, eagerly adapting jungle warfare to suit New Zealand conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.