Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A severe form of malaria.
- ‘He is currently taking antibiotics due to a bout of jungle fever brought on by the damp conditions.’
- ‘Beyond mere molestation, however, looms the graver threat of jungle fever.’
- ‘Some innovative makeup effects and a dose of bodacious jungle fever don't hurt either.’
- ‘A few of the men died of jungle fever and one guy was killed by lightning.’
- ‘There is no denying The Beastmaster's broad appeal; there is something in this epic, slightly corny story of love, revenge, destiny, and jungle fever to satisfy everyone.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.