One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small wildcat that has a yellowish or greyish coat with dark markings on the legs and tail, living in dry forests from Egypt to SE Asia.
Felis chaus, family Felidae
- ‘Fish owls, jungle cats, civets (a carnivore related to the mongoose), and even house cats are reported to eat them.’
- ‘If you're going to go after a member of the cat family, please try to make it a jungle cat or some other sort of larger member of the feline family.’
- ‘Yes, Carmel told herself, he looks like a young jungle cat, proud and cruel amidst a throng of deer ripe for his taking.’
- ‘I also saw a sandy colored cat with long legs and a short tail that I think was a jungle cat.’
- ‘He says the society already has good evidence for the existence of large felines in Britain, including records of 19 pumas, lynx, jungle cats, and leopards trapped, shot, or run over since 1980.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.