One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A box containing a junction of electric wires or cables.
- ‘But, Mr Carlton asks, if lightning blew out the electrical junction box, how come the Minster floodlights were still working at 3am?’
- ‘Attach the new junction box to the wall (as outlined above under Basic Wiring).’
- ‘Run the cable or the conduit and install the appropriate junction box.’
- ‘Never splice wires together and conceal them within a wall without a junction box.’
- ‘Firefighters found flames coming from the underground junction box but could only keep watch over the blaze until the power was shut off.’
- ‘To make for easier wiring, find a junction box that is already hooked to the circuit and in an accessible place.’
- ‘To date the project has cost €16,900, and as the project grows each year, there is always the extra cost of lighting, junction boxes, cables etc.’
- ‘There are two main methods: a power supply attached to a junction box or a power cord from the track to a standard electrical outlet.’
- ‘Authorized cable companies who own the lines have to bring the cable to a junction box outside the home.’
- ‘Tuck any circuit and fixture wires into the junction box, and install the mounting plate firmly to the box.’
- ‘The junction box will be placed there and all wires will return there below it.’
- ‘The wire in the junction box was not properly covered resulting in short circuit.’
- ‘They disabled an alarm system at a store by cutting through live wires at a Telecom junction box which put thousands of phones in the region out of action.’
- ‘There is an interesting junction box included in the bundle of cables - something that we have not seen until now.’
- ‘The transformer is usually located on the junction box in the basement or near the circuit box.’
- ‘Water in a junction box knocked out power at tea-time on Tuesday but the station was able to stay open.’
- ‘In a second visit they found cables and a junction box in the loft wired up to bypass the meter.’
- ‘There are no guarantees offered, but it seems unlikely if power cables and junction boxes are not placed in the rain.’
- ‘Bring all cables from various jacks into the junction box and connect the wires under the appropriately colored terminals.’
- ‘Each pole has a provision for the junction box at its bottom, just one or two feet above the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.