One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mouse-like rodent that has long back feet and typically moves in short hops, found in North America and China.
Family Zapodidae: three genera, in particular Zapus, and several species
- ‘Deer mice and jumping mice were frequently found at both Blacktail and Crystal.’
- ‘Woodland jumping mice, the raccoon, and the black bear were photographed only at the shrub treatment.’
- ‘Adding one new twist to the tale, researchers at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science also announced on December 18 that the Preble's jumping mouse might not be a distinct subspecies.’
- ‘He chided his friend: ‘I am afraid the broad shadows of the Elk, Buffalo, and big-horn hid all the little marmots, squirrels, jumping mice, rats and shrews.’’
- ‘Zapus sandersi is the common jumping mouse through much of the Blancan in Kansas.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.