One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of thick electric cables fitted with clips at either end, used for starting a vehicle by connecting its dead battery to the battery of another vehicle; a jump lead.
- ‘Check that your car has safety equipment such as a first aid kit, flashlight, jumper cables, etc.’
- ‘I placed a flashlight, fire extinguisher, flares, jumper cables, and a small first aid kit in my trunk.’
- ‘I went to my father's trusty red truck and pulled out the jumper cables and got to work.’
- ‘You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.’
- ‘These include a spare tire, jack, chains (that fit), jumper cables, road flares, some repair tools, and an ice scraper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.