Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A shot made while jumping.
- ‘Then I have them go straight up, shoulders squared to the basket, and do a jump shot.’
- ‘JR is a sound backcourt player with incredible range on his jump shot.’
- ‘Once you have established your jump shot and layup, add shots off the dribble or drives to the hoop.’
- ‘When you played in groups, they didn't want you to dunk, so you had to pull up for a jump shot.’
- ‘Depending on the position of my defender, I can also fake a jump shot, get my man in the air, and go around him.’
A shot in which the cue ball is made to jump over another ball.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.