One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shot made while jumping.
- ‘Depending on the position of my defender, I can also fake a jump shot, get my man in the air, and go around him.’
- ‘When you played in groups, they didn't want you to dunk, so you had to pull up for a jump shot.’
- ‘JR is a sound backcourt player with incredible range on his jump shot.’
- ‘Then I have them go straight up, shoulders squared to the basket, and do a jump shot.’
- ‘Once you have established your jump shot and layup, add shots off the dribble or drives to the hoop.’
A shot in which the cue ball is made to jump over another ball.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.