One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jockey who rides in steeplechases.
- ‘I have enjoyed a fantastic career as a jump jockey and I never wanted this day to come.’
- ‘Dedication, courage and bravery are the hallmarks of the jump jockey.’
- ‘He stopped being a jump jockey, and became a trainer after fracturing his skull in a fall in 1966.’
- ‘But although numerically he is the greatest jump jockey ever, he lacks the recognition he deserves.’
- ‘They risk serious injury in every race - it has been calculated that on average a jump jockey will suffer a fall once every 10 rides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.