One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jockey who rides in steeplechases.
- ‘He stopped being a jump jockey, and became a trainer after fracturing his skull in a fall in 1966.’
- ‘They risk serious injury in every race - it has been calculated that on average a jump jockey will suffer a fall once every 10 rides.’
- ‘Dedication, courage and bravery are the hallmarks of the jump jockey.’
- ‘I have enjoyed a fantastic career as a jump jockey and I never wanted this day to come.’
- ‘But although numerically he is the greatest jump jockey ever, he lacks the recognition he deserves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.