One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Engage readily in sexual intercourse with.‘Veronica was never the type to jump into bed with total strangers’
- ‘Developer JHP has jumped into bed with the supermarket giant after its original partner, Marks and Spencer, pulled out last year.’
- ‘Mandy is a bright young woman who wants to better herself and is tired of being treated as a sex object, yet she still tends to find herself jumping into bed with inappropriate men.’
- ‘I'm not one of those people who will jump into bed with someone easily.’
- ‘The Greens cannot wait to jump into bed with the Labour Party.’
- ‘After all, when you switch on TV these days everyone is jumping into bed with each other and people are using four-letter language much stronger than the stuff I ever use.’
- ‘I'll have you know that I don't jump into bed with any guy.’
- ‘Kate may not be the prettiest girl in the room, but she's for damn sure the one every guy wants to jump into bed with.’
- ‘You don't get to know someone by jumping into bed with them.’
- ‘An extraordinary marriage is on the cards in the United States; the Greens and the neo-conservative right are jumping into bed with each other.’
- ‘You see I happen to know that my sister would never jump into bed with just any man unless she loves him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.