One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deciding round in a showjumping competition.
- ‘Out of the starting field, only six horse-and-rider combinations went clear in the first round to qualify for the jump-off.’
- ‘In the jump-off, riders compete against the clock, as well as the course.’
- ‘One penalty point separated gold medalists Germany from Switzerland in the equestrian team showjumping, while Brazil beat France in a jump-off for the bronze.’
- ‘Six riders made it through to the timed jump-off to chase three tickets on offer to the Hickstead-staged final.’
- ‘From a starting line-up of 44, nine made it through to the jump-off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.