One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who practises or is an expert in judo.‘a world-class judoka’
- ‘Lisa became a judoka after graduating from Tell City high school in 1998.’
- ‘The second group is advanced judokas who vary in Judo rank and time in grade from one-year forward.’
- ‘A judoka who can execute his techniques with all three forms of attack initiative is a master technician.’
- ‘In the year 1887, over 1,500 judokas are quoted there.’
- ‘Knowing that, the skilled judoka can actually turn vulnerabilities into opportunities.’
Japanese, from judo + -ka ‘person, profession’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.