Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who practises or is an expert in judo.‘a world-class judoka’
- ‘The second group is advanced judokas who vary in Judo rank and time in grade from one-year forward.’
- ‘Knowing that, the skilled judoka can actually turn vulnerabilities into opportunities.’
- ‘In the year 1887, over 1,500 judokas are quoted there.’
- ‘A judoka who can execute his techniques with all three forms of attack initiative is a master technician.’
- ‘Lisa became a judoka after graduating from Tell City high school in 1998.’
Japanese, from judo + -ka person, profession.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.