Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for legal separation
- ‘A further 7,500 couples have been granted a judicial separation over the same period.’
- ‘The applicant wishes to obtain a decree of judicial separation.’
- ‘Almost 5,000 judicial separations were granted between July 1996 and December 2000.’
- ‘For clients awaiting judicial separations from violent partners, the delays are even more worrying.’
- ‘The average judicial separation costs between €3,000 and €8,000 if both spouses reach an amicable agreement.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.