One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Judgement awarded to the plaintiff on the defendant's failure to plead.
- ‘It follows that there is no way in which the retrospective application of the rule can found a basis for obtaining judgment in default.’
- ‘Mangan applied to the High Court for judgment in default of defence.’
- ‘No suggestion of any defence was made until this application in witness statements to support an application and to set aside the judgment in default.’
- ‘The third defendant did not serve a defence and judgment in default of defence was entered against him.’
- ‘Burying your head in the sand because ‘you can't afford lawyers’ will result in judgement in default.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.