One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time of the Last Judgement; the end of the world.
- ‘The all-important ‘assembler breakthrough’ is akin to a Second Coming or a Judgment Day.’
- ‘He ostensibly repents, and Baldwin cleverly alludes to the Judgment Day in portraying his conversion.’
- ‘On Judgement Day I'd rather be labelled a do-gooder than an evil-doer.’
- ‘But he's no ordinary televangelist, preaching hell and damnation, repentance and Judgement Day.’
- ‘On Judgment Day this type of martyr will appear with his drawn sword lying on his shoulder and he will be treated with greater honor than prophets and will dwell in whatever part of paradise he wishes.’
- ‘When Judgment Day comes, I'll probably wish to be elsewhere, but then God does manage to ruin a lot of good parties.’
- ‘If there is a God, if there is a Judgement Day, then they will get theirs.’
- ‘There will need to be only one Witness at the Judgment Day, one that can never be mistaken, one that can not be deceived, one that can tell only the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth.’
- ‘On the Judgment Day, when all gather, O God do not put me in company with him.’
- ‘Or, if they choose to continue on their present course on the road to obliteration, they can take it up with God when they face Him on the Judgment Day.’
- ‘These stones seem to represent a bed in which the deceased can more easily rise when God appears from the east on the Judgment Day to save the chosen ones from eternal damnation.’
- ‘Critical parents will have so much to answer for on the Judgment Day.’
- ‘Similarly, Christians believed in a Judgment Day that would bring time to an end.’
- ‘But how are God's true servants also going to be responsible for ‘what is written in the books’ that will be read on the Judgment Day from which others will be condemned to the lake of fire?’
- ‘Let him anticipate the Judgment Day, and in spirit stand before the Throne and propose, if he dares, the question to God Almighty.’
- ‘Eight in ten Americans say prayer is an important part of their daily lives and believe in a Judgment Day when people will be called before God to answer for their sins.’
- ‘Meditate much on the solemnity of death, the certainty of Judgment Day, the vastness of eternity, and the fixed states of heaven and hell.’
- ‘I do not believe John Paul II will face a Judgement Day in ‘Heaven’.’
- ‘When Judgement Day comes, I'm just going to be relying on a whole lot of fast talking and a winning smile.’
- ‘He saw the end of the world and the Judgement Day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.