One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time of the Last Judgement; the end of the world.
- ‘If there is a God, if there is a Judgement Day, then they will get theirs.’
- ‘The all-important ‘assembler breakthrough’ is akin to a Second Coming or a Judgment Day.’
- ‘When Judgement Day comes, I'm just going to be relying on a whole lot of fast talking and a winning smile.’
- ‘Critical parents will have so much to answer for on the Judgment Day.’
- ‘He saw the end of the world and the Judgement Day.’
- ‘On Judgement Day I'd rather be labelled a do-gooder than an evil-doer.’
- ‘He ostensibly repents, and Baldwin cleverly alludes to the Judgment Day in portraying his conversion.’
- ‘Eight in ten Americans say prayer is an important part of their daily lives and believe in a Judgment Day when people will be called before God to answer for their sins.’
- ‘These stones seem to represent a bed in which the deceased can more easily rise when God appears from the east on the Judgment Day to save the chosen ones from eternal damnation.’
- ‘But how are God's true servants also going to be responsible for ‘what is written in the books’ that will be read on the Judgment Day from which others will be condemned to the lake of fire?’
- ‘When Judgment Day comes, I'll probably wish to be elsewhere, but then God does manage to ruin a lot of good parties.’
- ‘There will need to be only one Witness at the Judgment Day, one that can never be mistaken, one that can not be deceived, one that can tell only the Truth, the whole Truth, and nothing but the Truth.’
- ‘Let him anticipate the Judgment Day, and in spirit stand before the Throne and propose, if he dares, the question to God Almighty.’
- ‘I do not believe John Paul II will face a Judgement Day in ‘Heaven’.’
- ‘On the Judgment Day, when all gather, O God do not put me in company with him.’
- ‘On Judgment Day this type of martyr will appear with his drawn sword lying on his shoulder and he will be treated with greater honor than prophets and will dwell in whatever part of paradise he wishes.’
- ‘Or, if they choose to continue on their present course on the road to obliteration, they can take it up with God when they face Him on the Judgment Day.’
- ‘Similarly, Christians believed in a Judgment Day that would bring time to an end.’
- ‘But he's no ordinary televangelist, preaching hell and damnation, repentance and Judgement Day.’
- ‘Meditate much on the solemnity of death, the certainty of Judgment Day, the vastness of eternity, and the fixed states of heaven and hell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.