One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Make Jewish; convert to Judaism.‘their cultures were gradually Judaized’
- ‘The island is not only Judaized by action and iconography, but it is closely tied to the Jewish Bible as well.’
- ‘By Judaizing the adventure tale, the great beyond is made seemingly accessible to any Jew.’
- ‘Secularize the schools, and you can then Judaize the universities.’
- ‘The prayers to God are also a way to Judaize the foreign terrain of the island.’
- ‘The text of Robinson Crusoe legitimates the Jewish author, and the Jewish author in turn legitimates Defoe's narrative by Judaizing it.’
- 1.1no object Follow Jewish customs or religious rites.‘the ‘conversos’ were engaged in Judaizing’
- ‘Jews who cherish their national and cultural identity are not necessarily Judaizing.’
Late 16th century: from Christian Latin judaizare, from Greek ioudaizein, from Ioudaios (see Jew).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.