One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great pleasure and happiness.‘after months of snow, I joyfully welcome the rain’‘the men sang joyfully’
- ‘Out among the redwoods, bays, and oaks of the Berkeley hills, she feels totally, joyfully at home.’
- ‘She pulled her lighter from her pocket, spinning it in her fingers almost joyfully.’
- ‘His obsessive imagining of a lost civilization seems to have joyfully regressed to the thrill-seeking bent of an adolescent model-builder.’
- ‘Mozart's lyrical, endless melodies rippled joyfully through the warm acoustical ambience of the auditorium.’
- ‘The younger participants joyfully seized the opportunity presented to them.’
- ‘Ringtones to the music industry mean gravy—certainly another revenue stream from which they can joyfully tap.’
- ‘Other scenes are of a more exuberant nature, suggestive of a child joyfully tossing a ball or piece of clothing into the air.’
- ‘The family greeted me joyfully, especially Juliette.’
- ‘His son seemed happy and laughed joyfully at not only himself, but also the absurdities of life.’
- ‘She had run out of the building and jumped into his arms, dropping her luggage and smiling joyfully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.