One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for durra
- ‘They grow sugarcane, jowar, wheat, vegetables and different varieties of fruit on a 300-acre farm plot.’
- ‘Instead, we are cultivating food crops like jowar, pulses, beans, etc., which should take care of our annual grain requirement.’
- ‘‘We get about five to six quintals per acre of jowar which lasts for six months,’ says Belsare.’
- ‘The farmers in the village grew ragi, cow pea, pigeon pea, green gram, jowar, horse gram and sesame.’
- ‘Rotis made from wheat, jowar and bajra are eaten as much as rice.’
From Hindi jauār.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.