One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for inanga
- ‘Among the many endemic fishes is Murray jollytail, the primitive spotted Bonytongue, and the migratory Australian grayling, which may be the only living member of its genus and is considered vulnerable.’
- ‘Amongst the ichthyologic fauna of fresh waters we have the the zebra trout and the common jollytail.’
- ‘There are yabbies and jollytails in the lakes and streams.’
- ‘Examples of Australian names are balmainer, dingo fish, fiddler ray, flake, hardyhead, jollytail, jumping joey, mouth almighty, and snotty.’
- ‘Adult jollytails live in the lower reaches of streams and migrate down to estuaries in the autumn to spawn.’
- ‘Even the lake-dwelling jollytails are migratory and travel up small streams to spawn.’
- ‘Lower down, Galaxias maculatus (jollytail) were found trapped in the creek by nearby building works.’
- ‘Galaxiids are sometimes referred to as native trout, minnows or jollytails.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.