One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By the end of lunch, the conversation had put back on its veneer reflection of gaiety and jolliness.’
- ‘Thus in this one short conversation, a barrier goes up between us - of polite smiles, fixed jolliness, and emotional distance.’
- ‘The air inside the pub was dense and suffocating, thick with sweat and laughter, jolliness engulfing and eating away at everything in the room.’
- ‘Instead, she was all jolliness and bounciness and big smiles.’
- ‘I wanted to ask Mr. Scott since he's always so jolly and happy that if people see him with his jolliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.