One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are not the surfers, whose clock is set by wind and sea; nor the triathlon triers, whose season is marked by sudden bicycle tracks; nor the irregular jollers who leave jagged tracks of 4x4s from time to time.’
- ‘The Kia consultant said: ‘He gave the impression of being a joller.’’
- ‘Of the 28, eight are vacant - including the notorious Chelsea Hotel, which jollers of the 80s and 90s may remember as a sleazy pool hangout.’
- ‘When the sun goes down, Sikwane is quite a Joburg joller.’
- ‘It has also enabled the installation of a generous amount of toilets so jollers won't have to spend valuable dance time queuing outside the loos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.