One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the sun goes down, Sikwane is quite a Joburg joller.’
- ‘The Kia consultant said: ‘He gave the impression of being a joller.’’
- ‘These are not the surfers, whose clock is set by wind and sea; nor the triathlon triers, whose season is marked by sudden bicycle tracks; nor the irregular jollers who leave jagged tracks of 4x4s from time to time.’
- ‘It has also enabled the installation of a generous amount of toilets so jollers won't have to spend valuable dance time queuing outside the loos.’
- ‘Of the 28, eight are vacant - including the notorious Chelsea Hotel, which jollers of the 80s and 90s may remember as a sleazy pool hangout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.