One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not serious; teasing or humorous.‘a brief exchange of jokey comments’
- ‘‘The police officer was quite jokey at the end of the conversation, but said I'd have to remove the advert,’ he added.’
- ‘Ryan's whole body tensed up and his jokey, light-hearted aura dissipated in a second.’
- ‘She said they became engaged in a jokey text conversation.’
- ‘Working for opposing stations the two men relished the jokey adversarial relationship they shared - one which continues until today.’
- ‘He was often very jokey and I was always pleased to see him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.