One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not serious; teasing or humorous.‘a brief exchange of jokey comments’
- ‘Working for opposing stations the two men relished the jokey adversarial relationship they shared - one which continues until today.’
- ‘He was often very jokey and I was always pleased to see him.’
- ‘She said they became engaged in a jokey text conversation.’
- ‘Ryan's whole body tensed up and his jokey, light-hearted aura dissipated in a second.’
- ‘‘The police officer was quite jokey at the end of the conversation, but said I'd have to remove the advert,’ he added.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.