One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The action of providing with, connecting by, or preparing for a joint.as modifier ‘jointing washers’
- ‘Materials would include plasterboards, metal studs, MF sealing materials and jointing tape and materials etc.’
- ‘The oak frames were constructed using traditional jointing and setting out techniques.’
- ‘I was of the view that jointing mortar installed in this manner would not last long before it broke up and came out of the joints.’
- ‘However, jointing of the cable took longer than expected and the cable is not expected to be brought into service until next week.’
- ‘The interesting brick patterns, unique jointing methods, window articulations, and glazing systems earned the project the top prize for detailing.’
- ‘Early respondents to this month's question will receive a Rose brick jointing tool.’
2An arrangement of joints.‘this kind of jointing provides extra strength’‘highly regular hexagonal jointing in basalt’
- ‘Taking them off means feeling the floor, the temperature and slipperiness of the surface, the rhythm of jointing in the boards.’
- ‘The paucity of outcrop in the Acraman depression indicates that the bedrock beneath the depression is strongly disrupted by brecciation and jointing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.