One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercial enterprise undertaken jointly by two or more parties which otherwise retain their distinct identities.
- ‘Both joint ventures and private enterprises can register to run job fair businesses.’
- ‘Remember that basically the only value they add to the joint ventures is their ability to get the quota allocation.’
- ‘This could be either through an overseas joint venture or a wholly owned subsidiary.’
- ‘The joint venture management system may be one way to insure technology transfer.’
- ‘But foreign-invested enterprises including joint ventures are not allowed to do so.’
- ‘Exports of joint ventures or subsidiaries of overseas companies are also on the rise.’
- ‘Provided that there is a full-function joint venture it will be within the Regulation.’
- ‘Already they are undertaking joint ventures and forming strategic alliances.’
- ‘Members will also promote joint ventures with Zambian businessmen.’
- ‘Escorts, which has joint ventures in the US and Poland, will replicate the same model for the Chinese market.’
- ‘The Irish outlet is company-owned, although Zara also has a number of joint ventures and franchises.’
- ‘Alliances, joint ventures or fully fledged mergers are all possible.’
- ‘Growth for companies like Wirra Wirra will come from mergers, buy-outs or joint ventures.’
- ‘The 1997 amendments to the Merger Control Regulation modified the treatment of certain types of joint ventures.’
- ‘A country must not require multinationals to form joint ventures with domestic enterprises.’
- ‘Only equity manufacturing joint ventures fall within the scope of the present study.’
- ‘The different styles between joint ventures and State-owned enterprises show up in this occasion.’
- ‘The ICT hopes to extend commercial joint ventures by providing space and facilities for new and existing companies.’
- ‘In this case, large-scale privatization has created many opportunities for foreign ownership and joint ventures.’
- ‘Vallely and Murphy are also considering how joint ventures or partnerships for commercial developments might be structured.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.