One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ownership of a property or business that is shared by two or more people or organizations.‘the land is in joint ownership’‘joint ownership can have considerable legal and tax benefits’
- ‘He lost a $20 million arbitration grievance accusing Stone of breaching their joint ownership agreement.’
- ‘She said she would advise anyone considering joint ownership to do the same.’
- ‘On both occasions he failed to declare a bank account and joint ownership of a property in Bristol.’
- ‘In cases of joint ownership, it is important to be clear about the amount of capital each party puts forward and the amount borrowed by each.’
- ‘Although nominally the enterprise is under the joint ownership of the government and the people, in reality the government has complete power and authority.’
- ‘Joint ownership would allow for a national service, instead of it being controlled by just one cable company.’
- ‘He did as his father had suggested and had joint ownership with his brother.’
- ‘We have a very clear vision of how we want West Ham United to operate under our joint ownership.’
- ‘Joint ownership confers 100% potential ownership on each joint owner.’
- ‘He later succumbed to pressure from his lawyers and switched his shares back to joint ownership.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.