One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ownership of a property or business that is shared by two or more people or organizations.‘the land is in joint ownership’‘joint ownership can have considerable legal and tax benefits’
- ‘We have a very clear vision of how we want West Ham United to operate under our joint ownership.’
- ‘Joint ownership would allow for a national service, instead of it being controlled by just one cable company.’
- ‘He later succumbed to pressure from his lawyers and switched his shares back to joint ownership.’
- ‘She said she would advise anyone considering joint ownership to do the same.’
- ‘He did as his father had suggested and had joint ownership with his brother.’
- ‘Joint ownership confers 100% potential ownership on each joint owner.’
- ‘In cases of joint ownership, it is important to be clear about the amount of capital each party puts forward and the amount borrowed by each.’
- ‘Although nominally the enterprise is under the joint ownership of the government and the people, in reality the government has complete power and authority.’
- ‘He lost a $20 million arbitration grievance accusing Stone of breaching their joint ownership agreement.’
- ‘On both occasions he failed to declare a bank account and joint ownership of a property in Bristol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.