One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ownership of a property or business that is shared by two or more people or organizations.‘the land is in joint ownership’‘joint ownership can have considerable legal and tax benefits’
- ‘Joint ownership confers 100% potential ownership on each joint owner.’
- ‘In cases of joint ownership, it is important to be clear about the amount of capital each party puts forward and the amount borrowed by each.’
- ‘Joint ownership would allow for a national service, instead of it being controlled by just one cable company.’
- ‘He lost a $20 million arbitration grievance accusing Stone of breaching their joint ownership agreement.’
- ‘He later succumbed to pressure from his lawyers and switched his shares back to joint ownership.’
- ‘She said she would advise anyone considering joint ownership to do the same.’
- ‘On both occasions he failed to declare a bank account and joint ownership of a property in Bristol.’
- ‘He did as his father had suggested and had joint ownership with his brother.’
- ‘Although nominally the enterprise is under the joint ownership of the government and the people, in reality the government has complete power and authority.’
- ‘We have a very clear vision of how we want West Ham United to operate under our joint ownership.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.